The Adelaide Youth Orchestras as part of its ongoing commitment to creating child-safe environments, AdYO has adopted a new Child Safe Code of Conduct for Employees and Volunteers.
THE ADELAIDE YOUTH ORCHESTRAS CODE OF CHILD SAFE CONDUCT FOR EMPLOYEES & VOLUNTEERS
- Treat everyone with respect and honesty (this includes staff, volunteers, students, children, young people, parents and caregivers).
- Remember to be a positive role model to children in all your conduct with them.
- Set clear boundaries about appropriate behaviour between yourself and the children in your organisation – boundaries help everyone to carry out their roles well.
- Follow organisational policy and guidelines for the safety of children as outlined in AdYO’s Child Safe Policy.
- Always have another adult present or in sight when conducting one to one coaching, instruction etc.
- Raise any concerns, problems or issues with management as soon as possible.
- Record and act on complaints of abuse.
- Engage in rough physical games, including horseplay.
- Develop any ‘special’ relationships with children that could be seen as favouritism such as the offering of gifts or special treatment.
- Become involved with things of a personal nature that a child can do for themselves, such as going to the toilet or changing clothes.