Adelaide Youth Orchestras
Each year Adelaide Youth Orchestras (AdYO) provides world-class development programs and career pathways for South Australia’s brightest young emerging musicians. AdYO services and supports 300 young musicians participating each week during school terms across five orchestras (Youth Orchestra, Wind Orchestra, Sinfonia, Junior Winds, and Youth Strings), the newly formed Percussion Ensemble, and six chamber groups. Over the past 21 years, AdYO has supported almost 2000 young emerging musicians in over 4000 individual opportunities to engage with our orchestras.
Vision, Mission & Values
To be recognised as the leading Australian youth orchestra, giving young South Australians the opportunity to attain the highest standard of musical performance.
To provide talented young South Australian musicians with orchestral training, life skills and education in a safe, empowering and joyful environment.
- We aspire to be excellent in all that we do.
- Creativity, passion, teamwork, commitment and enjoyment will underpin all our activities.
- We will demonstrate integrity and accountability at all times.
- We will aim to be accessible to performers and audience members who in normal circumstances might be unable to participate in our activities.
- We will recognise the contribution everyone who supports our activities, including players, paid staff and volunteers, members of the corporate and wider community.